Weight loss can be overwhelming. With so many rules out there telling you to “don’t eat this” and “don’t eat that,” it’s refreshing to know there are things that you can actually eat to help you achieve your weight loss goal!
Did you know that eating can help you get rid of some unwanted weight? While it’s crucial to pay attention to portion size, certain foods have been shown to be powerful weight loss agents.
5 Heathly Weight Loss Foods
- Black beans: This is a fantastic side to pair with lunch or dinner. One cup packs upwards of 15 grams of protein, and the fiber content helps keep you fuller between meals.
- Avocado: Watch your portions of this superfood, but rest assured that you’re getting a fantastic serving of healthy fat and fiber. Avocados help improve the health of many organs as well and, like black beans, will keep you fuller between meals.
- Oats: You might be seeing a pattern here. Oats offer a great dose of fiber and contain resistant starch, which has been shown to increase metabolism and aid weight loss.
- Blueberries: This is a fantastic food to help with weight loss, because it is a low-calorie, high-fiber option. And it sweetens your meals without needing to rely on sugar.
- Brown rice: Brown rice is another food in the high-fiber crowd. It’s lower in calories, despite being grouped with carbohydrates, and offers major nutrients and energy!
Don’t be afraid of food when you’re working on weight loss. Just learn what foods to eat, like the five mentioned above, and make the process of dropping some pounds much easier and tastier than you could have ever imagined.